Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My horses

I understand for those who want the origin of this source, you'll want to know more about me. Why should I be the one to teach you about horses? Why me? Well..

I've, jumped, ridden, lived and breathed horses since aged 1 when I was plonked on a horse. :') Aha, yeh ikr. And well, it's just in my blood now. I own a stunning PB connie called Scout. He's a dun (or for coat fanatics more a bay dun :') ) and has jumped up to 1m35 in the past. He's now 19 and getting on. He's an x polo pony, has done all PC rallies and comps with moi, and loves a good hack. We've occasionally done dressage up to intermed. level.
I also own and train a 'project pony' (tho he's 15.2, going on 16 xD). He's a dappled grey Irish Hunter (PB) And, loves a good gallop across the beach. He's a handful but only 4 so learning. He's jumped up to 1m so far since March where he could jump x poles and it. He's now doing X country, training to event. He's a 100% gentleman despite his frights and flees. He has an issue with bucking and brush jumps, his only vices :')) But both are being sorted. Bucking seem to be a fright issue, and the brush jumps are being sorted with some gentle x country courses :-))

When it comes to jumping I've jumped 2m in one lesson. A one off and quite frankly i didn't enjoy it. High isn't good for me, more steady and clear :') That was on Moo, my Riding Instrutors chestnut bay warmblood mare. =) 
I compete at any level from about 50cm to 1m60/70 when It comes to jumping :P X country courses I go up to about 1m45, working on the water and slopes! x''D


As for family, it runs in our blood. When I was little I did pony racing on my fab shetland, then Mounted Games when Scout was younger to get out balance and bond better. Now I jump & event, and hope to one day start a breeding career. My 5 year old sister just got her first pony which she is messing around in the garden with, and my dad is a racehorse trainer who steeplechases himself and just got his new horse :0
As for my mum, she sadly passed away a few years ago, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, jump a little higher =) That's where my inspiration comes from if you're wondering :P

Thanks if you read my blabber ^.^ Apreciated :* 

PS - I don't trust. But I hope to inspire :*




1 comment:

  1. Amazing blog! Sounds like you have had some very nice horses in your life i was plonked on a pony on a pony day at 4 XD

    ReplyDelete